With a Matrix choice question, respondent can evaluate one or more items while using the same column choices. Likert scale is also a type of Matrix question where weights are assigned to each answer choice.
Matrix choice question can be made in two variations:
- A single choice matrix question – Respondents can only pick one option in a single row.
- A multiple-choice matrix question – Respondents can pick multiple options from a single row
How to create a Matrix question?
On “Step 2: Build” of your survey setup process, drag and drop the Matrix icon to the right. This will create a standard matrix question for you.
- Click on the “Edit” button of the question to open the edit window
- Click on “More than one answer possible” checkbox option.
- Single choice matrix: make sure the checkbox is not checked.
- Multiple choice matrix: Make sure the checkbox is checked.
- Select the number of columns you wish your Matrix question to have
- Add your preferred header for each column
- Add your row options in the “Answer” area.
- Click “Add Answer” to add more answer options if needed
- Click “Save and close” to save changes